This manual is used in The IICRC Commercial Carpet Maintenance (CCMT) Course.
Some of the topics the manual covers are:
- The value of planned commercial carpet maintenance: benefits of planned cleaning; differences between residential and commercial carpet, appearance demand cleaning
- Carpet construction: fiber characteristics; fiber identification, construction styles; installation – how each affects cleaning and maintenance
- The chemistry of cleaning: chemical action, agitation, temperature, time
- Components of cleaning chemicals: detergents; solvents; acid or alkaline builders, enzymes
- Basic procedures for carpet maintenance and care: vacuuming, preconditioning; rinsing/extraction; spotting; grooming; drying
- Components of planned maintenance: soil control/prevention; interim/periodic maintenance; intensive/restorative/corrective cleaning
- The methods of cleaning: dry foam shampoo/extraction; rotary brush shampoo/extraction; absorbent (bonnet) pad; encapsulation; surface hot water extraction; dual methods, high performance hot water extraction
- Specialty chemicals: anti-static agents; fabric protectors; foam control
- Benchmarking your cleaning operations: cleaning and coverage rates; product coverage rates
- Carpet deodorization
- Spot and Stain removal: procedures; spotting kits; standard and specialty spotting solutions
- Special situations: yellowing; rapid resoiling; filtration soiling; unsatisfactory appearance after cleaning; cellulosic browning; fungi growth
- Safety on the job: ventilation; chemical handling and usage; equipment considerations; job set-up; personal protective equipment (PPE); bloodborne pathogens standard
- Developing a planned maintenance program: analyzing building usage and floor plans; objectives of a maintenance program; assigning area designations.
The manual is 78 pages. Copyright 2004.